I believe it's time to start doing things differently!
- It’s time to start doing things a little differently. I know that I don't have all the answers; and I know that cannot do this alone; but I do know that if we Work Together we can accomplish anything in life worth doing; and I do know that if we WORK TOGETHER we can do all the things we MUST do for South Dakota, here and now Today, Together!
- A government can be small and very effective at the same time. We seem to have a Department for everything in this State. But I pose we do more with less. We need to down size our State Government. If there are 16 agencies, we can get the same work done with 8 agencies. We don't need baby sitters. We need qualified state employee's to organize and operate our State agencies. I would choose 4-5 current agency employees' to form a board to direct the course of their agency. Doing this will save millions of tax payer dollars immediately. I will seek the most qualified people to sit on these boards, not my old college buddies. I already have a short list of People with decades of experience to choose from.
- It should also impose as little on the people as possible.
- Everything we do costs the tax payers more money. I will take into consideration this fact, when considering proceeding with any acquisition or project.
- No tax levy, property tax, sales tax, use tax, or financial burden on tax payers should be accessed without a consensus of the People. That means no tax increase whatsoever without a special election ballot being held on each issue. The People of South Dakota bear the full brunt of every tax increase and that means every resident of South Dakota shall be a participant in the decision to any tax increases period!